Why Whole-Body Cryotherapy?
During a whole-body cryotherapy treatment, the body is exposed to temperatures as low as -224°F for approximately 3 minutes at a time. The nitrogen gas lowers the skin temperature while protecting the internal organs by keeping the blood circulating and the core temperature intact allowing the blood to absorb vital nutrients.
Whole-body cryotherapy is one of the country’s fastest growing, alternative, and holistic solutions to help the body heal on a cellular level. Whole-body cryotherapy is originated in Japan in 1978, but has been perfected in Europe since then. Cryotherapy is comparative to an ice bath or ice swimming.
The body reacts to the cold by undergoing vasoconstriction. This allows the blood to become super oxygenated supplying nutrient-rich blood which rushes through the body once the cold is removed. This reduces the inflammation in the body while increasing the body’s healing properties and providing a boost of energy.
The benefits of whole-body cryotherapy have been supported by a wide range of scientific studies.
Benefits of Whole-Body Cryotherapy
Health & Wellness
Cryotherapy is 100% natural and safe as a treatment to decrease inflammation, reduce pain, increase cellular health and promote overall health. Cryotherapy kicks the body into survival mode, meaning as the skin has a sub-zero reaction in its surface temperature, the blood rushes to the core absorbing nutrients and oxygen. Following your 3-minute treatment, the blood quickly replenishes the body while removing the inflammation and the toxins, allowing a natural healing to begin within the body.
- Decreases Muscle Spasms, Soreness & Inflammation
- Alleviates Migraines, Fatigue, Depression, and Overall Stress
- Lowers Incidences of the Flu and Colds
- Offers Pain Relief Joint Disorders, Including Fibromyalgia, and Arthritis
- Improves quality of sleep
Fitness & Athlete Benefits
Like an ice bath, cryotherapy increases recovery time by producing the body’s natural anti-inflammatory effect of cold to elevate the body’s recovery system after a workout. Cryotherapy is an effective technique for alleviating inflammation for competitors of all levels including beginners to pro athletes following any strenuous training or exercise.
- Enhances Energy
- Increases Endorphin Release
- Reduces Inflammation
- Decreases the Levels of Swelling and Pain
- Improves Muscle and Motor Skills Activation
- Decreases recovery time
Weight-Loss & Beauty
When combined with the proper exercise and diet, a 3-minute cryotherapy calorie burning can help to maintain a healthy weight and increase weight-loss potential. When done in repetition, the body’s metabolic rate naturally increases following a 3-minute treatment for up to 8 hours after.
- Increases the body’s metabolism to burn between 500 and 800 calories during the 8 hours following a treatment.
- Resets the Natural Metabolic Rate of the Body
- Increases Circulation and Therefore Removes Toxins from the Body and the blood
- Improves Collagen Production by decreasing signs of visible aging with an even skin tone
- Reduces Cellulite and Wrinkles
- Produces a Healthier Complexion
- Relieves Oxidative Stress on the Skin
- Removes Unwanted Toxins
- Ameliorates Skin Conditions such as Acne, Psoriasis, and Blemishes
Cryotherapy offers numerous post-surgery benefits by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation. It would be wise to speak to a licensed physician before beginning cryotherapy.
- Naturally Relieves Pain from Analgesic Effects
- Improves Circulation by Removing Toxins and Facilitating Healing
- Increases Endorphin Release
- Reduces Post-Surgery Recovery Time by up to 40%