Infrared SaunaAbout the Service & Its Benefits
Why Infrared Sauna Therapy?
Infrared Sauna Therapy has been around for centuries as a way to detoxify the body. Infrared’s deep penetrating heat is what most effectively stimulates metabolic activity, which in turn triggers the release of stored toxins through sweat, as well as through the liver and kidneys.
An infrared sauna uses invisible wavelengths of light in the infrared spectrum to produce heat. This radiant energy is one of the types of invisible energy produced by the sun. Unlike ultraviolet energy used in sun tanning, which could be harmful, infrared energy is harmless and has been shown to have numerous health benefits. It creates heat in the body without heating the surrounding air. This allows an infrared sauna to work at lower temperatures than a traditional sauna. It is more comfortable and efficient.
The infrared heat penetrates the skin about 1.5 to 3.5 inches. The energy produces an effect called resonant absorption. This means that the water in the cells of your body has reached the same frequency as the infrared energy. Something special happens at this point. The toxins in the cell are released into the water and then excreted from the body as sweat.
Segment from Oprah with Dr. Oz on the use and benefits of an infrared sauna
Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Detoxifies the Sweat at a Cellular Level
- Promotes Relaxation
- Improves Sleep
- Invigorates Deep Tissue Sweat
- Increases Blood Flow
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Helps Increase Circulation
- Stimulates Collagen Production
- Reduces Wrinkles and Improves Skin Tone
- Burns Upwards of 600 Calories
- Decreases Pain and Recovery Time
- Treats Chronic Pain Conditions such as Fibromyalgia
- Stimulate Blood Flow to Twice the Normal Rate
- Enhances the Skin’s Healing Process
- Promotes Faster Cell Regeneration
- Increases Wound Repair
- Helps Prevent Infection
- Aids in Muscle Recovery
- Strengthens the Immune System