Hyperbaric TherapyAbout the Service & Its Benefits
Why Hyperbaric Therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is the medical use of oxygen increased to a level that exceeds normal atmospheric pressure that has dramatic results for certain diseases, disorders, and injuries. During an HBOT treatment, the pressure is increased in an oxygen saturated environment at almost 100% oxygen. In contrast, in the normal ambient atmosphere, the air we breathe is only about 20% oxygen and 80% nitrogen.
With the increased pressure, more oxygen saturates the blood and deeply penetrates the body’s tissues. It boosts cell growth by increasing the delivery load of oxygen to blood, tissues, and organs. High levels of oxygen in the body accelerate bone, skin, and muscle regeneration and help the body fight infections more effectively as it has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. Essentially, HBOT facilitates the healing process, boosts the immune system, and improves normal body function.
HBOT is not simply a treatment for decompression illness in scuba divers or carbon monoxide poisoning anymore; it is an adjunct therapy to other care delivered by physicians and surgeons.
The powerful healing properties of Hyperbaric Therapy
Hyperbaric Therapy Benefits
- Increases Oxygen Concentration throughout all Body Tissues
- Enhances White Blood Cell Actions
- Aids the Treatment of Infection
- Stimulates an Increase in Superoxide Dismutase (SOD)
- Stimulates the Growth of New Blood Vessels
- Improves Circulation Throughout the Body
- Increases Blood Flow
- Produces Internal Antioxidants and Free Radical Scavengers